2. Planning Commission meeting for Tues., Sept. 27 is cancelled.
3. Healdsburg Center for the Arts Holiday Gift Gallery applications are due Sept. 30. For more information click this link or see application at right. Healdsburg Center for the Arts, 130 Plaza St., 707-431-1970 Open daily 11am–5pm
4. Creative writers’ workshop with Healdsburg Literary Laureate Stefanie Freele. Sign up now for “Sea of Prompts,” to be held on Fridays, Oct. 7, 14, 21, 28 at Healdsburg Center for the Arts $60 For more information e-mail Stefanie@stefaniefreele.com
5. For all you vegetable gardeners who don’t want the fall to interrupt your gardening joy—Mix Garden Produce has fall garden starts from cauliflower to Swiss chard. 1531 Healdsburg Ave. 433-4327
6. Who wants more of Healdsburg Jazz? Jazz in the Lobby every Friday: Susan Sutton Duo with Bill Fouty, piano and acoustic bass; Saturday: Ken Cook Trio with Cliff Hugo and Alex Aspinal piano, acoustic bass and drums. Hotel Healdsburg, 24 Matheson St. 7:30–11pm
From the Healdsburg Jazz Festival e-mail update: “The new Healdsburg Charter School has opened with classes K-1-2. Music is an important part of the curriculum, and will be enhanced by a piano. If you know anyone who would like to donate a standard upright or baby grand, please call or write Henry Hersch, Chair of the CGS Governing Council (433-2502 or firstname.lastname@example.org).”