1. Tonight! Health Services Department and League of Women Voters to Host Forum on Health Care Reform: Panel of health care professionals will explore community impacts of Federal health care reform law. Among other panelists, Fourth District Supervisor Mike McGuire will speak on “Health Care Reform: A Local Perspective.” Santa Rosa City Council Chambers, 637 First St., Santa Rosa, 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
2. Applications are due (postmark) today for the Healdsburg Arts Festival. The festival will be held Sat., Sept. 24, 2011 in the Plaza. Application here.
2. The Center Literary Cafe presents Master Storyteller JAYÁTU. In honor of Earth Day, Jayátu, will present a dramatic performance of Jean Giono’s revered short story, “The Man Who Planted Hope and Grew Happiness.” Healdsburg Senior Center, 133 Matheson St., Tues., Apr. 12, 7:00 – 9:00pm. Open mic (please consider telling a three minute story)
3. Bark for Life in Healdsburg Plaza. “The American Cancer Society Bark For Life is a noncompetitive walk event for dogs and their owners to raise funds and awareness for the American Cancer Society's fight against cancer.” Sat., Apr. 16, 10:00am – noon.
4. In Honor of National Poetry Month, Healdsburg Literary Guild presents David Alpaugh at the Third Sunday Salon. “David Alpaugh has been a featured reader at more than 100 California venues. His first book Counterpoint won the Nicholas Roerich Poetry Prize from Story Line Press, and he has a chapbook in Pudding House's Greatest Hits series. His poetry has appeared in countless journals including Able Muse, Evergreen Review, and Exquisite Corpse, as well as many others. Healdsburg Senior Center, 133 Matheson St., Sun., Apr. 17, Sign-up for open mic 1:30pm, program 2:00 – 4:00pm
5. Check out the Healdsburg Park and Rec Department’s great camps to be held next week during Spring Break. New offerings: swim lessons and lifeguard training.
6. Healdsburg American Legion Post 111 and Unit 111 general membership meeting. Thurs., Apr. 14, 7:00pm, Villa Chanticleer Annex. For info call Tom 481-9169
7. Nature photography at Healdsburg Ridge Open Space Preserve with LandPaths. This moderate evening walk will feature local photographer Kevin Walters. Sat., Apr. 16, 5:00 – 7:30pm. Wait list here.