Where/when: Raven Film Center, 415 Center St. (in Mitchell Center). Thurs., Apr. 7, wine tasting at 6 p.m., film at 7 p.m.
Why Go: Great mix of wine and puppy love
Pricing: $12/person (must be 21 or over)
2. Screening of Academy Award Winning Best Documentary: Inside Job
Where/When: Healdsburg Peace Project presentation at the Healdsburg Senior Center, 133 Matheson St., Thurs., Apr. 7, 7:30pm
Why Go: Become “smart-angry” (Chronicle Movie Critic, Mick LaSalle) about the economic situation in the U.S.
3. “Around the Mountain” Artists’ Reception (Show runs through May 2)
Where/When: Healdsburg Center for the Arts, 130 Plaza St., Fri., Apr. 8, 5:00 – 7:00pm.
Why Go: Be inspired by these works of art and take a chance in the raffle
4. Saddle up for Kids at the Healdsburg Boys and Girls Club annual fundraiser.
Where/When: Villa Chanticleer, 1248 N. Fitch Mtn. Rd., Sat., Apr. 9, 6:00 – 10:00pm
Why Go: To support the Boys and Girls Clubs in the Healdsburg/Geyserville area.
5. Roger’s and Hammerstein’s Cinderella presented by St. John’s School
Where/When: Raven Theater, 115 North St., Sat., Apr. 9, 7:00pm, Sun., Apr. 10, 2:00pm.
Why Go: Hear 4th – 8th graders sing beloved songs from the musical
Pricing: Adults $12 / Children $5
6. Get out to the Heifer International Barn Dance
Where/When: Green String Farm, 3571 Adobe Rd., Petaluma, Sat., Apr. 9, 5:00 – 9:00pm
Why Go: Old-fashioned food—chili, cornbread and salad and old-fashioned fun—a barn dance!
7. "Lovely Iris and Early Blooming Roses"
Where/when: Russian River Rose Co., 1685 Magnolia Drive, Sat./Sun. 10:00am – 5:00pm
Why Go: Truly a heavenly place to enjoy spring days
Pricing: Free to stroll the gardens, donations accepted, tours at 10:00am and 2:00pm, nursery open