Tomorrow, Tuesday, Oct. 2 marks the planned switch of Foss Creek Circle to a one-way street, Healdsburg's first.
Starting tomorrow, traffic on Foss Creek Circle will entering the looped street from the southernmost intersection with Grove Street, and exiting at the northern intersection with Grove.
Also this week, city public works crews will be finishing off trench paving in the downtown area. Here is a list of road closures to allow for the final road improvements:
Monday, Oct. 1:
- From 7:30 to 11 am - Intersection of North Street and Fitch Street will be closed.
Monday & Tuesday, Oct. 1 & 2:
- From 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.- North Street (Center Street to Fitch Street) will be closed
Tuesday & Wednesday, Oct. 2 & 3rd:
- From 7:30 a.m.to 5:30 p.m. - East Street (North Street to Piper Street) will be 1 lane traffic with intermittent road closures.
Wednesday, Oct. 3:
- From 7 to 10 a.m. - Intersection of Plaza Street and Center Street will be closed.
- From approx. 10 a.m. to 2p.m.- Intersection of Healdsburg Avenue and North Street will be closed.
City officials approved the switch to one-way on Foss Creek Circle last month after concerns about traffic safety and increased congestion following the relocation in fall 2010 of the Healdsburg Post Office from Center Street downtown to Foss Creek Circle after the Center Street site burned to the ground in a fire in August 2010..
For more information and a map, see the city website.