The next 49ers game airs just after 10 a.m. on Sunday -- which means football parties will be brunch parties this week.
To help get your game on bright and early, Patch has compiled a list of the best brunch-themed cocktails.
NFL Second Round Playoffs
San Francisco 49ers (13-4) vs. Carolina Panthers (12-4)
Sunday, Jan. 12, 10:05 AM on FOX
Bank of America Stadium, Charlotte, North Carolina
And now for the cocktail recipes...
1. Bloody Mary
- 3 ounces tomato juice
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 1 dash of Worcestershire sauce
- Celery salt
- Ground pepper
- Hot pepper sauce to taste
- Horseradish to taste (optional)
- Celery stalk and/or pickle spear for garnish
- Lemon and/or lime wedge for garnish
- Build the liquid ingredients in a highball glass over ice cubes.
- Stir well. If you feel like trying a fun mixing technique, try rolling this one.
- Add the seasonings to taste.
- Garnish with a lemon or lime and celery or pickle.
2. Melon Patch
- Pour the first three ingredients into a cocktail shakerwith ice cubes.
- Shake well.
- Strain into a highball glass with ice cubes.
- Add the club soda.
- Garnish with the orange slice.
- Pour the ingredients into a collins glass with ice cubes.
- Stir well.
- Garnish with a lemon or lime wedge.
4. Irish Coffee
- 4 ounces strong, rich hot coffee
- 1 ounce Irish whiskey
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 ounce lightly whipped double cream
- Pour the sugar then coffee into a warm Irish coffee glass, mug, or other heat-proof stemmed glass.
- Stir until dissolved.
- Add the Irish whiskey and stir again.
- Float the cream on top by pouring it over the back of a spoon. Do not stir again, instead drink the coffee through the cream.
- Pour the peach juice or peach puree into a Champagne flute.
- Slowly add the Champagne.
Sign up for the free Healdsburg Patch newsletter | Like Healdsburg Patch on Facebook | Follow @HealdsburgPatch on Twitter | Blog for Healdsburg Patch