Healdsburg Regional Library is the area branch of the Sonoma County Library system. Its ancestor is the Healdburg Public Library, established in 1898. The library became part of the Sonoma County system in 1975. The current building on Piper Street was dedicated in November 1988. Money to run the library comes from a combination of city, county, state and federal funds, as well as contributions from the Wine Library Association. Healdsburg's branch houses the Sonoma County Wine Library, with books, articles and magazines on wine and a resident wine librarian, Bo Simons. More than 35,000 books are in the library branch.